Step 1: Creating data entry site(s) in the GLOBE database.
The GLOBE Program has created a comprehensive training video to teach you the fundamental steps to set up your site. This page of our learning center will help you navigate site set up as well as the steps specific to the El Nino protocols explained on this website.
Key Points in Video
Introduction to Data Entry and How to setup a Data Site for your school to begin entering data into GLOBE.
00:36 – Why Enter Data | 1:58 – Accessing the Data Entry System | 3:10 – Select “Enter Data” | 3:43 Add A Site | 9:06 – You’re Turn to Create a Site | 9:50 – “Test”
El Nino (ENSO) Protocol Site Set Up Tips
In establishing a site, you will encounter a menu just like the one to the right (Figure 1).
- Select the Site Type(s):
- SMAP protocol–you are setting up a “Pedosphere> Soil Moisture and Temperature” site.
- Precipitation protocol–you will add an “Atmosphere” site.
- Surface Temperature protocol–you will add an “Atmosphere>Surface Temperature” site.
- Name your site in a way that provides adequate specificity to connect to you. (e.g. Potter, Phillippi Creek School, Sarasota, FL)
- Answer the mandatory questions (marked with a red asterisk), and any additional that you feel confident answering.
- Select “create site” to finish.
You may set up more than one site to report your collected data. Here is an example of what that might look like.
Now that your site is set up, let’s move on to step 2, entering our first data.